Certificate of Need (CON) Reform:
Things to Know
How Does CON Reform Increase Patient Choice?
• Ending arbitrary restrictions on establishing same-day, outpatient ambulatory surgery centers (ASCs) promotes competition.
• Promotion of competition leads to more healthcare options.
• More healthcare options provides greater choice of quality healthcare providers.
How Does CON Reform Lower Healthcare Costs?
• Expands types of services that can performed in same-day, outpatient surgery centers (ASCs) rather than high-cost hospitals.
• Promotes competition for hospitals, driving down patient cost for same-day surgery procedures while improving quality of patient care.
• Helps patients manage medical expenses by lowering co-pays and health insurance premiums.
• Lowering the cost of same day surgeries will save taxpayers money as well when tax-paid healthcare services like Medicaid and Medicare save money.
How Does CON Reform Improve Quality of Patient Care?
• More personalized physician-patient interaction.
• Care teams and facilities structured for specialized care - functional excellence.
• Increased patient convenience and comfort.
• Reduction of infection due to hospitalization.
Reform CON Now
Lower Healthcare Costs.
More Choice. Better Quality.